Friday, August 14, 2009

worst riding conditions yet!!!

Yesterday was brutal! I only did about 18 miles for the day but 13 of those were hills with rain! Tons of rain! It started out with a light shower so I thought it would pass shortly and anything that got damp would dry out in notime at all.. Boy was I wrong! So after my genious idea of letting the riding clothes I had on and a lot of other gear get wet, then I covered eveything, but it didn't help much at that point! Of coarse I endured and pushed through, conquering one hill after anothet with my 250+ lb. Rig! But as the rain continued to pour and the temp droped, Rad wined and shivered! My legs were about done and I relized I wouldn be able to get my gear dry at camp to keep warm through the night! I came to the realization that I was goin to have to do what I have always oposed when it comes to traveling!, I got a motel... Super 8 motel in Shelton WA off 101! I tell you what! That was the most luxurious motel experience of my life! Did you know they have hot water? Towels, a bed, oh and even tv! Rad and I slept like kings last night!...